I have caught a bad case of jealousy and I need to find a remedy.
While skimming through my news feed on the devil Facebook, I saw where an old fling of mine is ENGAGED. Yes, engaged. We were a fling a few years ago not long after I moved to Statesboro and he didn't treat me so well and always told me he didn't want a girlfriend. Since at the time, I wanted more and he didn't naturally it ended. Months later, what did he do? He got himself a girlfriend. I was furious. Not long after they broke up and I ran into him at a bar one night and we started back talking and hanging out some. The spark wasn't there for me anymore, partially because I couldn't get over what had happened before so once again, it ended. He got back together with the girl and a year or so later... he's engaged.
I get so jealous when I see old flings of mine with girlfriends or in this case, engaged. It always makes me ask myself what didn't they see in me, but saw in her? I know there is no point in asking myself this or beating myself up over it. I just still wonder will I ever find someone. Will I ever get engaged? One can only hope that I do. But for now, it's just me... spinning my wheels.
Dear man of my dreams,
Where are you?
XOXO, Michelle
I just got on facebook to find out that the weirdest girl in my graduating hs class just got engaged. I can't even get a boyfriend. My life sucks lol
ReplyDeleteHang in there girls! Mr. Right will come along when you least expect it and so will the proposal! Enjoy every minute of the single life regardless of the situation, that chapter will close before you know it!!
ReplyDelete-Brittany
Ha...I feel this way all the time. I feel like you are me on the other side of the US right now. I always ask myself "Why them? What's wrong with me?". I think it's natural for us to think this. I always have to remind myself of why it didn't work out for us and why I'm better off waiting for Mr. Man of my Dreams. I know he's out there somewhere. Too bad there weren't a mirror ball for us to see the future. Ha. Hand in there and know you're not alone in feeling this. ~Heather
ReplyDelete