Pages

Thursday, April 7

When the sand runs out...

Ignore the ridiculous pictures in the video, it's the only one I could find.

If you've been a follower then you know about the recent passing of my friend Philip. The day I found out about his death, I had to drive back to Statesboro the next day, and while on my drive back this song came on the radio. It's been on my iPod for years and I've always been a fan of Rascal Flatts and this song but I really got to thinking about the lyrics that sad Monday. 

I'm gonna stop looking back and start moving on and learn how to face my fears. Love with all of my heart, make my mark, I wanna leave something here. Go out on a ledge, without any net, that's what I'm gonna be about. Yeah I wanna be running, when the sand runs out...

It was always hurts to be so young and have to bury a friend and at the time you always tell yourself that you're going to start living like there is no tomorrow. I'm pretty sure I've said this atleast 3 times in the last 5 or 6 years. But there comes a time where you really do have to live like there is no tomorrow and you have to live your life for you and to the fullest because we aren't cats, we don't get 9 lives, so we need to make the best of the one that God has given us. I'm guilty of being down on myself and asking God why are certain things happening to me, but I always remember a quote I read somewhere that says "I know that God doesn't give me anymore than I can handle, I just wish he didn't trust me so much". I'm almost 22 and there are alot of things in my life that I have let bring me down when they shouldn't and it's time to leave it all behind and start fresh. Yes, your past shapes who you become in small ways but you don't have to let it overpower your life. I'm a confident, smart girl and I know that I can achieve anything I set my mind to. I don't want to look back on my life in 20 years and have a case of the "what ifs". I want to look back on my life and really feel like I lived it up and did everything (or most everything) that I wanted to do. I want to live with no regrets because hey, if you're going to regret it you probably shouldn't be doing it. When I hear this song, I smile and think of Philip and the other friends and loved ones that I've lost over the years. There's no better time than the present to do things for yourself and do things that make you truly happy.

1 comment:

  1. What a great post- You shared your feelings beautifully! I'm always getting caught up in worrying and stressing-thanks for the reminder that there's no better time then the present! :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a little love.