Yay, twitter is so great!! So the @ and then names are "mentions" where the tweeter's tweet is to or about the mentioned person, and # hash tags are for categorizing your tweet I.E if you write "I've been such and such a place ten times this week #obsessed" then you've "hash tagged" obsessed. And from there you can click on the word obsessed and see what others have tweeted about obsessed! Also, on the sidebar of the twitter website you'll see trending hash tagged words, so if the Oscars are on for example, there will be a lot of tweets about it and it'll show in "Trending Topics"! Hope this helps at least a little for now, haha! You probably know all of this by now anyhow! Have a good weekend! Virginia
Ahh! This post made me giggle - I feel the same way about Twitter and I don't even have it yet -I'm still in the debate stage, "do I get it?" "whats the point?" haha..I feel like it would help if I understood it but I'm soo clueless! It looks like the above comment is really helpful and I found an article link that seems to have some pretty good info in it too - the link is http://blog.nathanbransford.com/2011/01/how-to-use-twitter.html if you wanna check it out - and then when you get twitter figured out, you can teach me! ;) hehe..happy tweeting!
Yay, twitter is so great!! So the @ and then names are "mentions" where the tweeter's tweet is to or about the mentioned person, and # hash tags are for categorizing your tweet I.E if you write "I've been such and such a place ten times this week #obsessed" then you've "hash tagged" obsessed. And from there you can click on the word obsessed and see what others have tweeted about obsessed! Also, on the sidebar of the twitter website you'll see trending hash tagged words, so if the Oscars are on for example, there will be a lot of tweets about it and it'll show in "Trending Topics"! Hope this helps at least a little for now, haha! You probably know all of this by now anyhow! Have a good weekend! Virginia
ReplyDeleteAhh! This post made me giggle - I feel the same way about Twitter and I don't even have it yet -I'm still in the debate stage, "do I get it?" "whats the point?" haha..I feel like it would help if I understood it but I'm soo clueless! It looks like the above comment is really helpful and I found an article link that seems to have some pretty good info in it too - the link is http://blog.nathanbransford.com/2011/01/how-to-use-twitter.html if you wanna check it out - and then when you get twitter figured out, you can teach me! ;) hehe..happy tweeting!
ReplyDeletejust sent you a follow request ;)
ReplyDelete