Pages

Thursday, February 3

Leggings, oversized tees, & wallabees. Did I mention a scarf?

I've mastered the art of the "organized chaos" look. I always seem to look frazzled on campus, like I'm one busy little bee and I haven't had much time to fully put on make up or put on a full outfit. A rando in one of my classes commented on my outfit and said that I "have the organized chaos look down pat, and it's working for me"... Thanks? I think. I'm not sure what was meant by the comment, but I prefer to say I'm "comfortable". Yes, I wear leggings, an oversized shirt, a scarf and wallabees quite often, along with Norts, an oversized shirt and/or Chacos, Rainbows, or Wallabees. Sometimes I match, sometimes I don't. Today I wore black leggings with a navy blue shirt and a yellow scarf. Why? I don't know. I never know why I put on whatever I put on. I dress for comfort. I'm barely on campus, but when I am, I'm stuck in a classroom of 30+, sometimes 130+, so I may as well dress comfortably. In my four years of college I've yet to understand the reasoning behind dressing up for class. If any of you do, I'm not hating, I'm just saying I don't get the point. After graduatin, in the real world, I will have a dress code. So right now, while I don't have one, I prefer to dress however I want no matter how ridiculous I may look. I will sacrifice being "cute" to class, for comfort anyday cause usually I think I'm "cute" no matter what I decide to put on that morning, just saying. Also, if I may meet Prince Charming on campus (I'm not holding my breath) then he might as well see me in true form, because 9 times out of 10 I barely have on full make up nor do I barely have on much of a well thought out outfit. I'll admit that I'm fashionably challenged (hahaha) and sometimes I wish I wasn't, because dressing to go out on the weekends would be an easier task. I try to dress cute, but I never feel like it looks like what I thought it would in my head... if that makes any sense! I love seeing ya'lls cute little outfits on your blogs or reading what ya'll write about fashion, and honestly the whole time I'm thinking, "Man, that's cute! I want!". But I have the complex of thinking nothing looks right on me. *Sigh!* There was no real point to this post other than to ramble aimlessly about my random outfit choices. If you feel generous and want to give fashion advice, feel free. I don't mind, haha. Share your wisdom oh wise ones! It's after 7pm and I'm off to yet another class... well, lab.

Peace, Love & Leggings,
Michelle

1 comment:

  1. Hi Michelle!
    I only found your blog today, but I love it!
    This post especially caught my eye, because like you, I never ever dress up for a class!
    I live in my leggins, and own about 10 pairs! Mad I know!
    Soo, in your post you say that if anyone has fashion advice to let you know, but fashion advice...I have none!
    So be proud of you leggins! haha!
    Nia :) x

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a little love.