"Just a small town girl, living in a lonely world, she took a midnight train going anyyyywhere..."
I'm a twenty-one year old, blonde-haired, blue-eyed, Georgia peach just trying to find herself in this crazy world we like to call life. Being on a 5-week Christmas break is like life's way of giving you tons of time to think about your life-- past, present, and future, especially when you're spending it in the tiny town you grew up in, the same town you swear to this day you'll never move back to. I feel like I've spent almost my entire college "career" trying to make my life fit this image I've had in my head since I was probably a junior in high school. Now that I'm approaching semester numero ocho, I am starting to realize that you just have to let life happen. I have spent probably the last six years telling myself that I don't care what others think about me, and depending upon the situation, I genuinely don't care, but there are still times when I do even if I say I don't. But not anymore, the only things I care about are my health, the health and well being of my family and friends, my dog, and my education-- If I'm not in the "top" sorority, then so be it, I DON'T CARE, I'm happy where I am. If I'm not the size 4 that the girl next to me is, I DON'T CARE, I'm happy with having an ass and being a bigger pant size because of it. If I'm not dating a guy in the "top" fraternity, I DON'T CARE, as long as you treat me right, you're good to go. I guess it took me this long to really see that to be happy, and I mean legit happy, you have to do what is best for you and what makes you happy, no one else, because this is my life and no one elses.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to leave a little love.